See Ludum Dare 23 entry | Get source code | Watch gameplay video
HUNGRY BUGS is an aquarium.
- Click and drag to add water, dirt, and stone. Keep the bugs happy. The game is over when all the bugs die.
- Bugs. Bugs need air, water and plants to eat. Bugs aren't very smart, so you'll need to create a path for them. They can jump across small spaces.
- Water. Bugs need it, plants like it.
- Dirt. Dirt clumps together. Plants grow on top of dirt.
- Stone. Stones are magically not affected by gravity. Magic!
- Plants. Bugs eat plants. You can create a plant by dropping a bit of water on a flat patch of dirt.
Note 1: It's probably slow on some systems. Also, I saw a crash on Safari. Sorry dude. It seems to work fine in Chrome.
Note 2: The original submission had a bug in the HTML5 version where thought balloons didn't always appear. This is now fixed!
Created for the 23rd Ludum Dare 48-hour game development challenge.